Thursday, March 7, 2013

IN BLACK AND WHITE




Let me speak of blacks and whites,
In black and white,
Say no to unequal rights,
And condemn the whites,

Let me paint GOD black,
And evoke new insight,
Tell African daughters and sons
You and the Almighty
Look alike,

let me show scars on my ancestors' backs
And bring the devil to light,
Behold his sight!
The portrait of his true colors,
Is all white,

Let me
Ask him questions,
seldom asked in the light,
Why did you call Africa dark?
While it gave you light,
Why did you call the plague 'black death'
while the dead were whites?
Why when we strike back
Is not  right?

Let me urge you to
Stop starting the fight
And we shall change the plight,
Make our world a zebra-like,
For blacks and whites,
live together in harmony like zebra stripes,
Or black cow whose milk is white
Or black hen whose eggs are white,
Or black pen on the paper it writes,

But until then

The master will get the kick,
When the donkey is behind
Since the donkey got the whip,
When the master was behind.

Nelson Allen Jr
by Nelson Allen Junior 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment