Thursday, March 7, 2013

Poe-TREE


Like an apple
I didn't fall far from poe-TREE
I'm the son of shaaban Robert,
they call me a poe-T
pouring my heart on a paper made out of a tree for poetry ,
while treading barefooted
on the field of poetry,
For Money doesn't grow on poe-TREE,
that's why my daddy died in poverty,
may he rest in Poetry ,


So literature is like a forest
the evergreen is poe-tree,
forget about the baobab tree,
I embrace poe-TREE
as the wind blows its melody
I dance along with poe-TREE,
as the sun Shines brightly
I sit beneath poe-TREE
watching the birds nibbling
the fruits of poe-TREE
and sing songs
about the beauty of poet-TREE
So don't throw stones at poe-TREE,
there is life in poet-TREE
even the air i breath
is produced by poe-TREE,
causing my heart to beat,
akin to the rythm of poetry,
thats why like a monkey i climb on poe-TREE,
dwell in poe-TREE,
and currently
I'm sitting at the top of poe-TREE

by Nelson Allen Junior 

No comments:

Post a Comment